It seems with the start of the new year losing weight is on a lot of people’s minds. Some want to improve their health and some want to just feel better. But either way, wellness cant be achieved by using bad practices.
Amanda Smith, a registered dietitian at Novant Health Bariatric Solutions in Winston-Salem, examined five common weight-loss mistakes, and some better alternatives and these are the five worst ways she found.
- Setting goals that aren’t realistic
- Using fad diets or quick fixes
- Skipping meals/starvation
- Being a slave to numbers on the scale
- Too much intense exercise, too soon
Smith also offered these four weight-loss tips to help make your 2020 goal a reality.
- Don’t take an all-or-nothing approach
- Sleep is important, aim for at least seven to eight hours every night
- Manage your stress levels
- Be forgiving if you make a misstep