We all have our vices I guess. Though I was surprised to find out that North Carolina ranks as the 13th most sinful state in the country. I mean that’s near the top, I’d think plenty of other states would be worse. And most notably South Carolina was. Our neighbors to the south came in at number 8 on the list. Myrtle Beach I guess?
The study was conducted by WalletHub who ranked states in several “sins” and their corresponding statistics per capita.
- Anger & Hate was represented by Violent Crimes
- Jealousy was represented by Thefts
- Excesses & Vices was represented by Excessive Drinking
- Avarice was represented by Gambling Disorders
- Lust by the time spent on Adult Entertainment Sites
- Vanity by the number of Beauty Salons
- Laziness by the numbers of Adults Not Exercising
Nevada, the home of Sin City came in at number one as expected. Here is how the rest of the top 15 fell:
How did the rest of the 50 states rank?
16. New York
25. New Mexico
34. West Virginia
36. Rhode Island
40. South Dakota
43. North Dakota
46. New Hampshire
Would you describe North Carolina as sinful? View the full list and study about the most sinful states here