Looking for a new skincare routine? Your partner will LOVE this one!
Your skincare routine is probably the last thing on your mind when you’re having sex, but according to Huff Post, it turns out, getting it on is really good for your skin. Alisa Vitti, a functional nutrition and women’s hormone expert, explained to HP, that the nitric oxide and oxytocin that the body produces when having sex triggers skin benefits, including balancing hormones, flushing out cortisol, boosting collagen production. And all of those help your skin look its best.
- That oxytocin boost – The release of it you get from getting it on can be calming and encourage better sleep. Sexologist Jess O’Reilly, known as Dr. Jess, says a restful night’s sleep is linked to higher energy levels, improved memory, heightened immunity, and boosted health, which all contribute to healthier skin.
- Better for breakouts – If your skin breaks out before big work events or travel, sex could calm that stress-induced acne. Sex can lower cortisol, a stress hormone that can cause overactive sebum glands and lead to pimple-prone skin.
- Keeps skin looking young – It can count as exercise when it’s especially vigorous, which boosts blood circulation that brings nutrients to the skin. Dermatologist Corey L. Hartman explains, “This rush of oxygen and nutrients promotes the development of collagen to prevent skin sagging and regenerates new skin cells to keep the skin glowing and exfoliating properly.”
- Sweat it out – Get your sexy sweat on because Vitti says sweat is “SO good for your hormones.” That perspiration also improves blood circulation and can help clear bacteria from the skin, which helps prevent acne.
- And that post-sex glow? – It’s absolutely real. Dr. Jess explains that sex can increase levels of DHEA, a hormone that can do good things like ward off depression and promote shiny hair, glowing skin, and bright eyes.
Source: Huff Post