When a Kentucky woman hung a wreath on her front joy she probably expected it would be her and her neighbors some joy. What she didn’t expect? That the decoration on her door would end up being dangerous and lead to a snake bite. WRAL reports that Kenley Thomas was making her way back inside the house when she spotted a 3-foot-long snake. The reptile was nestled in a door hanging on Thomas’s door. She immediately started screaming when her mother came running. Her mother Mary Jo Thomas told the news outlet that it bit her before she even registered what she saw.
Thomas immediately went to the hospital as a precaution since the type of snake was unknown. However luckily for Thomas, the likelihood of being bitten by a venomous snake in that area of Kentucky is slim. This wasn’t the first snake sighting the family has experienced on their property. Though it will be the last in that location as Thomas will no longer be putting any type of decoration on her front door- one snake bite was dangerous enough!
A woman in Kentucky was startled when a 3-foot snake was hanging out in a decoration on her front door. https://t.co/U2wKa3C4Ix— WTAP Television (@wtaptelevision) June 22, 2022
Yes no, thank you. I don’t care what kind of snake it is or why it is there. It is not welcome in my home and especially not at my front door!