Travel industry experts say it’s already time to start booking your flights and hotels for trips during the holiday season. According to USA Today, post-pandemic demand surged during the summer and will likely continue through the end of the year.
My family and I have been talking about taking a vacation somewhere warm this winter, instead of our usual trips to Philadelphia and New York City in December and January. One place we’re considering is Miami. While the flights we’ve looked into have been a bit pricey, a new option has suddenly emerged.
WCNC-TV reports that Spirit Airlines is launching two new non-stop routes from Charlotte Douglas International Airport this fall. Spirit already offers flights from Charlotte to Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, and Orlando. Now the low-cost carrier is adding non-stop flights to New York City’s LaGuardia Airport and Miami. Here are the details:
Charlotte – New York City (LaGuardia)
- Departs Charlotte Douglas at 11:53 a.m. and lands at LaGuardia at 1:33 p.m.
- Leaves LaGuardia at 2:23 p.m. and lands back in the Queen City at 4:18 p.m.
- Available from November 1st through March 7th.
- Tickets are now available starting at $210 round-trip.
Charlotte – Miami
- Departs Charlotte at 6:00 a.m. and lands in Miami at 8:08 a.m.
- Leaves Miami at 9:00 a.m. and arrives in Charlotte at 11:03 a.m.
- Flights et to start on November 7th.
- Roundtrip flights start at $164.
While those fares looking very appealing, keep in mind that checking a bag, putting a carry-on in the overhead bin, or reserving a seat all cost extra on Spirit Airlines.