Scarowinds is back! The beloved haunted theme park opens tonight, September 15th at 7 pm! Scarowinds will be open select nights through October 29th, giving you plenty of time to experience the haunts and thrills! There will be all the haunted houses and mazes, scare zones, and of course, thrill rides you’ve come to love and expect from the attraction. But there are some new rules in place this year for anyone planning to visit Scarowinds.
- All guests ages 15 years old or younger must be accompanied by a chaperone who is at least 21 years old.
- Chaperone’s may only be responsible for up to 10 guests who are under the of 15
- Chaperones must stay with their party for the duration of the visit to Scarowinds
- All guests including chaperones who are 16 or older will be required to present a valid photo ID to enter the park.
- Bags of any kind, including purses, backpacks, or diaper bags, are prohibited in the park during SCarowinds.
- The only exception to this rule applies to guests with medically necessary items. Those to whom this applies may bring a bag no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” containing only those medically necessary items into the park.
- Costume masks, face paint, trench coats, flak jackets, or costumes of any kind are not allowed to be worn by guests at SCarowinds.
See more here. It’s not just rules that are new this year at Scarowinds. There is also a new Procession of Nightmares parade described by Scarowinds as “A convoy of hideous, monstrous structures slithers through the park, joined by grotesque characters, mesmerizing effects, and bone-chilling music.” Haunted mazes and scare zones include Ripper Alley, Depths of Darkness, and the Bloodyard.
Scarowinds isn’t recommended for children under the age of 13. If younger ones are attending in the past they have been able to purchase a “No-Boo” necklace. This will prevent scare actors from approaching them in scare zones. These necklaces do not work in any of the haunted attractions.